Fly East for Firefly 2015
After three years of engineering the perfect layout, lineup, and location, Firefly Music Festival 2015 is welcoming the summer with open and wristband-clad arms. The four-day event in Dover, Del. was officially sold out as of June 14 – that means that 90,000 festival-goers will be exploring the Woodlands each day. Those 90,000 music lovers will be skipping giddily through a campus filled with six stages, tons of food, pop-up stores, and more. The festival opens to general admission ticket-holders on Thursday, June 18 and closes on Sunday, June 21. Whether you’re camping or staying in a hotel, coming for one night or coming for five, experiencing Firefly for the first time or experiencing it for the fourth, here are some of the most exciting parts of this ethereal destination.
- The Kooks are kicking off the festival with their infamous Brit-pop beats at the Lawn Stage on Thursday at 11PM. Their new album, “Listen,” surprised fans by implementing a new wave pop sound with more dance-y beats, while still maintaining their classic alt-pop.
- Paul McCartney. Main Stage on Friday at 10PM. Must we convince you?
- Sublime with Rome. We all miss the original Sublime, but this’ll have to do. And face it, Sublime with Rome rocks just as hard. Enjoy reclaimed reggae undertones veiled gracefully with punk influence at the Lawn Stage on Saturday at 9:15PM.
- The Killers are closing out the Main Stage on Sunday at 9:15PM. We know you’ve had “Mr. Brightside” stuck in your head for the past 10 years, and hearing it live at Firefly is surely the only cure.
- Zedd. This guy remixed Skrillex – what better music to wake you back up after a long day of dancing, sunbathing, and hearing your favorite artists kick it on stage? He’ll be cutting up beats (and also your sleep schedule) on the Backyard Stage on Friday from 12:30-2AM.
- How to Dress Well will give you the chills, make you dance, and reach into the depths of your emotions – all at once. His lo-fi aesthetic and smooth, high voice is the perfect sound to ease you into your tent after another exhausting day at Firefly. Check him out at the Pavilion Stage on Friday at 1AM.
- Lettuce. Funk, funk, funk! This group has been around since ’92 and isn’t even considering slowing down. Don’t miss this authentic syncopation at the Forest Stage on Saturday at 12AM.
- Cheerleader‘s first full-length album, “The Sunshine of Your Youth,” was released just a month ago and it’s already making waves. The fuzzy, light, indie-pop group will be hitting the Forest Stage on Friday at 2:30PM.
- Night Terrors of 1927 (pictured above) is bringing their Killers-esque debut album to the Forest Stage on Saturday at 4:45PM. The perfect way to ring in an evening of music, Night Terrors’ “Everything’s Coming Up Roses” will give you a new album to listen to on repeat.
- Max Frost will cut the easy acoustic sound you know and love with bubblegum electronica and funky vocals. With a roughly similar sonic aesthetic to Mac Demarco’s “Salad Days,” Frost’s single, “Let Me Down Easy,” will close out your time at Firefly nicely. Don’t miss him at the Backyard Stage on Sunday at 2:15PM.
StubHub will be joining Firefly’s team this year, offering an enhanced experience with fan-to-fan ticket sales, an intimate acoustic stage and cafe, and a new app with exciting festival info and opportunities to win prizes. Because official ticket sales are closed, StubHub is one of the few places to grab a last-minute ticket to the Delaware festival.
Every section of the festival’s campus keeps with the ethereal woodlands aesthetic – even VIP areas. It’s like your dream wedding-camping hybrid, but with 100% more live music and 100% less stress. (Everyone has a dream wedding-camping hybrid, right?) Don’t miss the Hammock Hangout, where you can take a much-needed nap after a not-s0-competitive game of foosball at the Beercade. And don’t worry about stuffing your face with gross carnival food all weekend – Firefly promises both greasy indulgences as well as healthy options, including vegan and vegetarian bites. VIP ticket holders have access to exclusive viewing at all stages, complimentary massages, private restrooms, and more. There’s nothing you want that you can’t have at Firefly – make sure to grab a last-minute ticket here. And don’t forget to book your camping spot!