Kelly’s Hosts 11th Annual Hell with the Lid Off
There’s a lot you may already know about Kelly’s Bar and Lounge—their famous mac and cheese, cheap happy hour treats, delicious cocktails, and 1950s diner charm are just a few staples—but if you aren’t familiar, then there’s no better time to get in the loop at their next hot event: Hell with the Lid Off.
The 11th annual Hell with the Lid Off Barleywine Festival will provide an array of food and drink options for guests, including 45 taps of Barleywine, several bottles from the cellar, vertical flights, regular flights, table service, cheese and chocolate pairings, and a buffet of Kelly’s classics.
Additionally, staff members at Kelly’s are oh-so-excited to be serving their special barrel of Shipwreck Circus—an American Barleywine brewed with collaborated efforts from Oskar Blues and Brewdog of Scotland—with an alcohol content weighing in at a beastly 12%. They admit that their excitement over the new brew is mildly sexual. This dark, viscous beer will warm your mouth with a sweet bitterness from tongue to tip.
Kelly’s will be hosting two available sessions of Hell with the Lid Off on March 7, being held from 1-4PM and 5-8PM. But the first session (1-4 PM) is already sold out! So tickets for the second session can be purchased at the bar (6012 Centre Ave. in East Liberty) or online for $75.
If you can’t make Hell with the Lid Off this time around, you should still make an effort to stop by Kelly’s in the future. Happy hours are from 5-7PM, and include $2-off drafts, half-off appetizers, and varying drink-of-the-day specials.
Beer nuts, rejoice! Check out the immaculate list of breweries from all over the world that’ll be featured at Hell with the Lid Off below:
- Anchor Brewing Company – San Francisco, CA
- Arcadia Brewing Comapany – Battle Creek, MI
- Avery Brewing Company – Boulder, CO
- Birrificio Barley – Italy
- Blue Point Brewing Company – Patchogue, NY
- Boulder Brewing Company – Boulder, CO
- BrewDog Beer Co. – Scotland
- Coopers Brewery – Adelaide, Australia
- CoStar Brewing – Pittsburgh, PA
- Dogfish Head Brewery – Milton, DE
- Draai Laag Brewing Company – Millvale, PA
- DryHop Brewers – Chicago, IL
- Duck Rabbit Brewery – Farmville, NC
- East End Brewing Company – Pittsburgh, PA
- Flying Dog Brewery – Frederick, MD
- Founders Brewing Company – Grand Rapids, MI
- Great Divide Brewing Company – Denver, CO
- Green Flash Brewing Company – San Diego, CA
- Harveys Brewery – Sussex, UK
- Harviestown Brewery – Clachmannanshire, UK
- Heavy Seas Beer Company – Baltimore, MD
- Helltown Brewing Company- Mount Pleasant, PA
- J.W. Lees Brewery – Manchester, UK
- Left Hand Brewing Company – Longmont, CO
- Moylan’s Brewery – Novato, CA
- New Holland Brewing Company – Holland, MI
- Oskar Blues Brewery – Longmont, CO
- Roundabout Brewery – Pittsburgh, PA
- Shipyard Brewing Company – Portland, ME
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Company – Chico, CA
- Smuttynose Brewing Company – Portsmouth, NH
- Southern Tier Brewing – Lakewood, NY
- Terrapin Beer Company – Athens, GA
- Voodoo Brewery – Meadville, PA
- Weyerbacher Brewing Company – Easton, PA
- Yards Brewing Company – Philadelphia, PA
This event is filling up fast, and only 20 spots still remain open (as of February 15), so don’t wait: Grab your ticket now!